For information on COVID-19 visit sacoronavirus.co.za
10 Oct 2021
10 Oct 2021
1.1. “Cookie” means a small text file created by a website that is stored in a user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk;
1.2. “Internet Protocol” means a protocol, or set of rules, for routing and addressing packets of data so that they can travel across networks and arrive at the correct destination;
1.3. “IP Address” means an Internet Protocol address being a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication;
1.5. “Private Information” means any information by which a User can be identified and which relates to such User as an identifiable individual such as a User’s name, physical and postal addresses, e-mail address, race, sex, age and/or internet address of the domain from which a User is visiting the Website;
1.6. “SIVOXI™” means Bronze Sign Trading t/a SIVOXI™, a close corporation duly incorporated in accordance with the laws of South Africa with registration number: 2010/105549/23;
1.7. “Users” means persons accessing the Website and “User” shall mean any one of them as the context may require; and
1.8. “Website” means the group of World Wide Web pages available online, owned, operated, and controlled by SIVOXI™ and hosted at www.sivoxi.com
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. A User’s Personal Information may be either collected by us or provided by such User. Personal Information may be collected by means of a User responding to questions raised by our chatbot via the Website. Our servers may also collect information relating to a User’s digital signature such as their IP Address and the origin of their Internet connection. The information that has been captured and collected by our servers may be used by us to contact a User in any of the following manners: physical and postal addresses, e-mail address and/or telephone number.
3.2. Before or at the time of collecting a User’s Personal Information, we will identify the purpose(s) for which the information is being collected. We will only retain a User’s Personal Information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes as have been identified by us.
3.4. We will only collect a User’s Personal Information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
4. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1. SIVOXI™ may from time to time use a User’s Personal Information to contact them regarding promotional offers or ask them to participate in questionnaires and or provide feedback regarding our services provided to them. There will however be an opt-out link on every communication a User receives from us in order to stop all future communication.
4.2. Any Personal Information that a client or User of SIVOXI™ discloses on a public space such as on a blog, chat room or bulletin board cannot be safeguarded by SIVOXI™ as such Personal Information was published in their own personal capacity.
6. MINORS SIVOXI™ will not contact minor children with promotional offers or for marketing purposes unless explicit written consent is received by a parent or guardian to do so. It is however, not the duty of SIVOXI™ to regulate the use of the Website by minors and such responsibility falls to the parents or guardians of the minor children.
7. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS SIVOXI™ reserves the right to:
7.1. disclose any information about clients where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims;
7.2. share information with law enforcement agencies to investigate or to prevent illegal activities being committed over our network;
7.3. disclose a User’s Personal Information where they have given us explicit written legal consent to do so; and/or
7.4. monitor User and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with the Website or cause damage to our property.
8. ABUSE OR DEFAMATION SIVOXI™ will under no circumstances tolerate any form of abuse towards our staff, clients or Users to the Website be it on private or public blog space. Depending on the severity of the abuse, may have legal action taken against the offending user.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY SIVOXI™ acknowledges that we are bound by applicable law to keep Personal Information confidential and to protect such information, and we are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of Personal Information is protected and maintained.
11. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION A User may access and/or correct any of the Personal Information that we hold pertaining to such User by sending an email to email@example.com
12. CONTACTING US