Cloud servers are physical or virtual computer structures that are used to process, store and compute information. Accessing cloud servers can be done through any network from any location in the world using an internet connection.
Most everyday services use cloud servers like Gmail, Netflix and Facebook. This sudden surge in cloud computing started back in 2006 when Amazon started Amazon Web Services (AWS) which was followed by tech giants Google Cloud Platform (2008) and Microsoft Azure (2010). Now over 200 companies provide cloud computing.
It can be an overwhelming decision to choose between cloud and physical servers. Let’s take a look at the benefits of both.
Benefits of cloud Servers:
1. Cost effectiveness – Only pay for what you need.
2. Flexibility – Increasing and reducing usage can be done on demand. This is beneficial for businesses with constantly changing usage requirements.
3. Integration – Cloud servers can be quickly implemented into any business and comes without any interruptions.
4. Efficiency – Cloud servers can work together using the internet allowing for great workloads to be processed faster.
5. Low Maintenance Cost – Zero maintenance costs and a lower configuration compared to physical servers.
Benefits of Physical servers:
1. Server Choice – The location of the server can be chosen and can be located on-site if needed.
2. Customization – Physical servers can be configured and customised to any specifications and requirements.
3. Accessibility – Full access to the server when and as you need it. This is beneficial for critical business operations.
4. Internet reliability– Physical servers don’t require the use of an internet connection.
There has been a massive shift towards cloud servers and services as can be seen by the rapid adoption of both AWS and Microsoft Azure. Low cost, ease of access and readily available solutions are enticing benefits, especially when running a business.
Here at SIVOXI™ we have worked with a variety of physical and cloud server solutions. We recommend cloud-based solutions most notably AWS for their variety of integrated services, security and reliability.
Share this post with your friends here: